SECRETS TO SUCCESS WITH THIS SYSTEM:
• Read one chapter from each list each day, in one sitting or two. At the end of a book, go to the next book. At the end of the list – start it again. Do it in the order given above.
• Read quickly (without “speed reading”) in order to get the overall sense. Read as fast as you comfortably can with moderate retention. You’re not studying deeply or memorizing; shoot for 5-6 minutes per chapter. At the end of a chapter, move immediately to the next list.
• GET THROUGH THE TEXT – no dawdling, back-reading, looking up cross-references!
• There are different ‘kinds’ of reading: super-quick skimming, careful moderate-paced, studying the text, deep meditation. You should be between the first and second kind.
• Most people decrease their time spent and increase their retention after just two-three weeks! I now read and retain the entire text of Matthew in 35 minutes, Romans in 20, Genesis in *one hour*!
• Don’t look up anything you ‘don’t get’ – real understanding will come through contextualizing by reading a LOT of scripture over time. Get through the text!
• If you miss a day or two – OK, get over it, then keep going. Move the bookmarks along, to find your place(s) quickly next day.
The goal of this system is simple, and twofold: To know scripture, and to love and obey God more!
SOLI DEO GLORIA
- List 1 – Matthew, Mark, Luke, John (89 days)
- List 2 – Genesis-Deuteronomy (187 days)
- List 3 – Romans, 1-2 Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, Hebrews (78 days)
- List 4 – 1-2 Thessalonians, 1-2 Timothy, Titus, Philemon, James, 1-2 Peter, 1-3 John, Jude, Revelation (65 days)
- List 5 – Job, Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon (62 days)
- List 6 – Psalms (150 days)
- List 7 – Proverbs (31 days)
- List 8 – Joshua-Esther (249 days)
- List 9 – Isaiah-Malachi (250 days)
- List 10 – Acts (28 days)